District 9

My re-designed District 9 DVD jewel case that I did at the end of semester 3. In the original cover, they focus more the situation and the place, so I decided to change it up and focus on the protagonist and his transformation. It was a huge, crazy layered Photoshop exercise. In the original image, only his eye and left shoulder were transformed (though I've edited them), with the photo cropped at his forehead and a little below his chin. I spent hours on his hair alone. Top 2 most useful Photoshop tools in this project: the clone tool, and the displacement map effect. Oh yeah, and layer/group masking. Lots and lots of masking.