5/10/13

Obsessed With Speed














Another typesetting exercise I had lots of fun with.

As a side note I'd like to add that this semester I had Kim Dalrymple. I loved Andrea Emery as a type teacher, and she really drilled us as to the correct rules. It's thanks to her that I'm now extra picky with adding ellipses and em and en dashes in everything I write, and I love it. Having Kim was a whole different dynamic that allowed us to grow in a different direction. While it was still most assuredly a type class, she really encouraged self-direction, and letting us play around. That being said, I love that we had Andrea first to lay down the foundation, and Kim after so we could play have the freedom to play within the rules that we learned.

Fonts used: Franklin (sans serif), Garamond (serif),