5/10/13

African Advocacy Campaign

Poster


T-Shirt



































Bookmark front
Bookmark back
For this assignment I had to choose a campaign where the charity is directly in Africa and has a compelling call to action. Breadline Africa has a fascinating campaign where it transforms storage containers into much-needed buildings. They have cans4hygiene (washrooms with sinks), cans4learning (schools) and cans4feeding (community soup kitchens).

If I have the time and opportunity, I'd like to finish the rest of the set, but for learning and feeding, each with a variation on the colour. The focus on my design is that a container can become anything, and it's up to us to personalize it. I made sure to use the colours, textures, and patterns that were found on the website to adhere to their branding. It was also fun to manually draw the title (Illustrator's width tool is pretty amazing! Thanks to Greg Treadwell for the lesson!)