11/29/10

Self-Portrait


















Did this back in my 2nd year at Sheridan (?). I remember I had to cover the window so I could create my own constant lighting. It was due on a Monday, and I'd started it on the Friday prior (I think?). So many projects were due at the time. Unfortunately, my first attempt at the assignment wasn't successful, since, in addition to being a Self-Portrait, it had to have one hand included as well, and with a full-frontal view, it just didn't work well. So I scrapped that after working on it for a night, and came up with this one.

One day I'll have to get a nice BIG scanner. Paintings are such a pain to photograph, and my current scanner is so small (basically sized to scan typical documents), and since it's so old, I think it must be permanently dusty.